Shiniest Objects: Tickets to a Gun Show
While there was plenty of post-PAX trailer and preview coverage, Call of Duty XP stole the headlines by the end of the week. When you are the biggest franchise around, you can do that kinda thing. We started the week out in space before ending up on a familiar go-kart track. How we got there we really aren’t sure, but part of it may be documented in the most recent episode of The Horrible Show.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here.
Every Monday This Tuesday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Interview // Two Guys, One Space Pirate Game: An Interview with SPAZ Creators MinMax Games by Ethan Moses
- Retro Review // Tachyon: The Fringe: Starfighters Needed by Justin Gifford
- Game Industry Shout-Outs // Makin’ It
- Reflex Review // Serious Sam: Double D by Serious Sam by Ethan Moses
- The Horrible Show // The Horrible Show at PAX Prime 2011: Days 0-2
- Hey! // Watch! HD Konami Intros for Castlevania and Gradius by Justin Lacey
- Editorial // Just 5 More Minutes: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty by Cole Monroe
- Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week // Get Revenge Anyway by Ethan Moses
- Meanwhile… // We’re Losing the Fight
- Editorial // Press Start at The Beginning, not The End by JP LaFrance
- I Learned Something Today // Super Mario Kart by Cole Monroe
Last Week’s Headlines
17 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
SWTOR Begins Beta Test This Very Weekend – Piki Geek
I think they may actually try to release this thing.
Halo 4 To Open ‘The Reclaimer Trilogy’ – G4
At least they have a new direction for the new trilogy
Review of Madden NFL 12 – Giant Bomb
“It’s fine” I’ve heard that before
Notch explains why Minecraft has yet to get Steam’d – Joystiq
If they work this out, it could be awesome for everyone
Burnout Crash! collides with XBLA and PSN on September 20 – Joystiq
Well, happy birthday to me.
Doom Finally Gets Its Day In Germany – GameInformer
Wonder how they feel about Wolfenstein at this point.
Black Ops sold over 23 million units and over 18 million map packs in first nine months – Joystiq
Love em or hate em, these numbers are incredible.
Red Dead Redemption Myths And Mavericks Bonus Pack Release Date Announced – G4
I’d play some more Red Dead, that’s for sure.
Sledgehammer’s third-person Call of Duty cancelled – Destructoid
What a waste of talent
Call of Duty Elite Actually Doesn’t Sound Totally Terrible – Giant Bomb
Say what you will, but it’s gotta be nice to have your favorite franchise supported like this even when it is optional and paid.
Bodycount review: Mindless manslaughter – Joystiq