Shiniest Objects: Now is When
Big week for release date news surrounding a number of “when its done” titles which helped distract us from the mess that is now Netflix. Qwikster? Come on. There was plenty of new action on our site this week as we introduced a new contributor, announced our first live podcast (this Tuesday 9/27 at 8pm), and took on some heavy hitters with our editorials.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed which can be viewed here (or on the sidebar of the site) and subscribed to here. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week.
- Editorial // Gaming Cynic: Punch-Out was Fixed by Ethan Moses
- Preview // PAX Eyes-on: Prey 2 by Justin Lacey
- REPLY TO ALL // No ThAAAnks
- Editorial // It Doesn’t Matter: Cliffy B Thinks Gears of War 3 is Awesome by Justin Lacey
- The Horrible Show // What We Are Playing September 2011
- Editorial // It’s No Longer in the Game by JP LaFrance
- Hey! // Buy! Converse Mario Shoes by Ethan Moses
- Meanwhile… // The Converted
- Editorial // Gamer’s Journey: Portal 2 is my Game of the Year by Cole Monroe
- Event // The Horrible Show Live on Tuesday Sept 27th at 8pm
- Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week // Sega! by Ethan Moses
- Rated Review // Resistance 3: How I Learned to Send E.T. Home in a Box by Aaron McNeal
- Editorial // Mail This: Fire All Phasers by Justin Gifford
- I Learned Something Today // Vagrant Story by Cole Monroe
Last Week’s Headlines
16 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
Toy Soldiers: Cold War Conquers Summer of Arcade – Co-Optimus
Wow, I had no idea.
Netflix DVD Service Now Qwikster, Adding Video Game Option – Piki Geek
You already know this by now. How terrible is the PR team for Netflix?
Sony justifies ‘no sue’ PSN clause with ‘AT&T did it!’ – Destructoid
Another stellar win for Sony PR.
Dark Souls Goes Gold, Destroys Early Players, Watch the Complete Prologue – Co-Optimus
Awesome, kinda makes me want to break street date though :)
Diablo 3 coming in “early 2012,” more beta invites coming – Ars Technica
Your spring is screwed
Dota 2 launch moved up to satisfy seething fans – Joystiq
While Seether fans remain clueless
Star Wars: The Old Republic launching Dec. 20, starts at $15 per month – Joystiq
Looks like it may actually come out. Not sure how long the pricing model will stick though