Shiniest Objects: Like It Should Be
A large company tried to shut down our Shiniest Objects lifeblood, but we will survive! This week, gaming’s biggest franchise returns, studio troubles and acquisitions, plus that war game sold a lot. We started off our week kinda scared from the best holiday, confused by our lack of game type, and left you with home defense tips.
Every day we are on the look out for the most interesting news items in the gaming industry. Some make it on the site as headlines, and the articles that just miss the cut end up in the Shiny Objects feed. Every Monday we recap the shiniest of the objects, and our original articles from the previous week. Due to some recent changes with Google Reader, our Shiny Objects feed is currently unavailable while we explore a new solutions. In the meantime, we will continue to recap the week’s highlights here.
- Editorial // Gaming Connoisseur: Halloween Selection by Ethan Moses
- Rated Review // Batman: Arkham City Review: It’s the Bat by Justin Lacey
- REPLY TO ALL // You are Scared
- Podcast // Does October 2011 Matter? – The Horrible Show 110211
- Editorial // Remake It So: Mutant League Football by JP LaFrance
- Hey! // Watch! Rage Plays Peekaboo by Justin Lacey
- Event // Horrible Game Night 11/4 9pm EST – Battlefield 3
- Deals // Horribly Awesome Deals of the Week: Hope You Have a PC by Ethan Moses
- Editorial // Gaming Lifestyle: The Balance Between Life, School, Work and Games by Cole Monroe
- Get Em All // Games of November are Full of Stimulating Sequels
- Editorial // It Doesn’t Matter: Modern Warfare 3 has a ‘Shocking’ Scene by Brandon Coppernoll
- I Learned Something Today // Dungeon Defenders by Ethan Moses
Last Week’s Headlines
25 headlines distracted us and here’s the best from that list:
EA Says Battlefield 3’s Already Sold 5 Million Copies – Giant Bomb
Report: Silicon Knights cuts staff by nearly 75 percent, from 97 to just 25 – Joystiq
Sad day for the SK crew.
The Grand Theft Auto V Trailer: What Did You Think? – Giant Bomb
So that happened.
Trials dev acquired by Ubisoft -Shacknews
Please don’t make them work on the Trackmania games.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North review: Middle-earth revisited – Joystiq
Do I have space for a “good” game this season?
THQ’s sales ‘exceeded expectations’ in Q2, Space Marine sold 1.2 million – Joystiq
Nice! Bout time they had a win
The Best XBox 360 Games Under $10 -Racketboy
Bargain hunting never looked so good.
Dead Island dev trademarks ‘Dead World’ – Shacknews
That’s gonna be an awful lot of side quests.
PAX East Registration is open, go buy your ticket – Destructoid
Who is up for a trip to Boston?
Lego Universe will end in January 2012, offices closing – Joystiq
This makes me more sad than it should.
Three PC builds under $1000 to make Skyrim look its best – Destructoid
Kinda handy, for dragon-born.
Assassin’s Creed Film Sparks Hollywood Controversy – GameInformer
Can’t blame them after PoP.