Contest: Win Indy Indie Game: The Movie Tickets During the Live and Horrible Super Meat Boy Challenge
We are a little excited about Indie Game: The Movie coming to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for special screening on May 23. We encourage you to come watch the movie with us and to help with that we are happy to announce our first contest where the winner will win two tickets to the Indianapolis screening.
Starting at 7pm EST on Tuesday May 8th on http://www.twitch.tv/HorribleNight, Horrible Night will be playing one of the games from the film, Super Meat Boy. A game that is known as much for its personality as it is for its brutal difficulty. The Horrible Night team will be testing our skills the 20 Dark World levels of the 1st Chapter of the game. We expect many traumatic failures and Super Meat Boy deaths to ensue. That’s where you come in:
The Horrible Super Meat Boy Challenge
Congrats to our winner Nate G. Our final death tally was 188 and he had the closest guess with 247
Between now and showtime on 5/8/2012 – leave a comment with your guess as to how many deaths (including retries) the Horrible Night Team will have before successfully beating all 20 Dark World Levels of Chapter 1 of Super Meat Boy. We will be playing the game live and have an live death count on screen so that you can keep track of our progress. Once all 20 levels are complete, a winner will be chosen.
- One entry per person.
- Only comments left on this post on HorribleNight.com will be eligible.
- Using an active email address is required so that we can contact the winner.
- The winner will be picked based on whoever had the correct and first death count guess based on the timestamp of the comment.
- If no exact match is made, the winner be chosen by the first guess that is closest to the final death count.
- If there is a tie, the winner will be chosen based on who guessed first based on the timestamp of the comment.
- The winner will receive two tickets to the May 23 screening of Indie Game: The Movie at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- If the winner cannot attend the screening, the tickets will pass to the next runner-up until a winner is chosen that can make it to the event.
A little bit about our gamers
The Horrible Night team will consist of experienced Super Meat Boy players who at one time in their lives considered themselves to be “all right at Super Meat Boy.” One player will play at a time until that player gives up and tags out for another player to pick up from that point in the game.
To get an idea of what the team is in for we suggest watching this video.
Find out more about Indie Game: The Movie, RSVP and buy your own tickets online for the Indianapolis screening. Special thanks to the Canadian Consulate, Indy Film Fest and the IMA for making this screening possible.
Now the only question remains: How many times do you think the Horrible Night team will die in the first chapter of Dark World levels in Super Meat Boy?