Going Indie – The Horrible Show #310 Live
Justin, Ethan, and Josh discuss the rise and the future of indie games while attempting to define what makes a game an indie game and the differences between large and small independent developers.
The Horrible Show – Join the editorial staff of HorribleNight.com as they discuss a variety of entertainment-focused video game topics.
Throughout May, Horrible Night will be Going Indie and featuring indie game related articles in support of the Indie Game: The Movie screening in Indianapolis on May 23.
Justin L, Ethan, Josh
00:25 – Intro
03:16 – Game Industry Shout-Outs
24:00 – Horrible Shout-Outs
37:06 – On the Spot Question
45:09 – Going Indie
45:22 – The Rise of the Indies
59:08 – Favorite Big Independent Developers
1:03:25 – What is Indie?
1:12:55 – Biggest Indie Game Surprise
1:19:05 – Importance of Indies
1:24:19 – Future of Indies
1:36:10 – HorribleNight.com Updates
Game Industry Shout-Outs:
- Josh – Ravaged goes Beyond Funderdome
- Ethan - Defiance Transmedia
- Justin – Project Copernicus / Kingdoms of Amalur MMO Trailer
- Ethan – Aaron McNeal – Lone Survivor Review
- Josh - Ethan Moses – The Bro-op Article
- Justin – Brandon Coppernoll’s – Tried It Minecraft
Subscribe to the Horrible Show – New Episodes every Wednesday.