Horrible Newswire: Play Nicer
Game publishers will try and bend the rules as much as they can, which is why it is so satisfying when they snap back in their face like Sony and EA this week. Our week focused on charity donations, indie Tetris movies, retro game collecting, game night announcements, and pinball, so there’s a lot of good going in the world of horrible gaming.
Last Week’s Headlines
- Sony didn’t get Limbo because it asked for the IP
- Awesomenauts is coming to PC/Mac
- Ratchet & Clank Collection gets an Aug 28th release date
- Runic explains what is taking Torchlight II so long
- Randy Pitchford says Duke Nukem Forever is just like Half-Life 2
- Sam Raimi moves on from World of Warcraft movie
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII may be cancelled
- EA settles football monopoly lawsuit for $27 million, NFL is the football exclusive now
Looking for more game industry news coverage? Follow along on the Horrible Night Newswire Google+ Page where we share daily headlines that are worth talking about.
Last Week’s Horrible Night Originals
- Announcement – Now Taking Charity Donations for Gaming Our Asses Off
- Hey! Watch! Conan the Clueless Gamer
- Editorial – Gamers Have Nothing to Apologize For (Ethan Moses)
- Podcast – Fifty Shades of Dragon (Super Gaming Best Friends #113 – Josh, Justin, Ethan, Cole)
- Rated Review – Theatrhythm (Aaron McNeal)
- Editorial – Gaming Lifestyle: Opening the Door to Retro Game Collecting (Cole Monroe)
- Announcement – Horrible Night Out Aug 4th, Tetris Moviegoers get Discount
- Cheap and Dirty Gamer: Steam Rogue (Ethan Moses)
- Game Curious Video – Pinball FX2: Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles (Josh, Justin, Ethan)
- Editorial – It Doesn’t Matter: Before We Play the Video Game Blame Game (Brandon Coppernoll)
Horrible Newswire - Weekly recap of the headlines worth talking about that do not make it as articles on the site, plus a summary of the latest original content from Horrible Night.